Fine chemicals, including high-purity products used to make dyes, pigments, coatings, flavorings, fragrances, lubricants and microelectronic-grade chemicals, are generally manufactured in small or medium-sized batches.
Taking advantage of all the different membrane filtration technologies available, Membrane Specialists can engineer a system that exactly suits the needs of many different applications, including:
- Dyestuff and pigment concentration, purification and desalting
- Surfactant and cosmetic concentration and clarification
- Lignosulphonate recovery and fractionation
- Concentration of silica sols
- Purification of process water
- Effluent treatment
Selecting the Right Membrane
With the ability to separate particulates from the dissolved species or separate dissolved species themselves, a membrane filtration system can be used to produce a more concentrated or purified end-product. With the correct membrane selection, the filtration process can isolate dissolved species of specific sizes while allowing other dissolved components to permeate through the membrane.